When it comes to Easter Baking there’s few things that can beat a Hot Cross Bun but in their ease to make, tray bakes are a good competitor. Last year we shared our Maltesers Slice recipe with a Easter twist and this year we’ve done it again with these Easter themed Rice Crispy Squares.
Of course Rice Crispy Squares make a delicious treat all year round but when you add some Mini Eggs to them, it takes them to a whole other level. In theory these are a very simple tray bake to whip together; that being said, they are stickier than any other substance known to man! Don’t let that put you off baking them with kids though because if anyone doesn’t mind eating sticky mess from their fingers, it’s definitely kids!
Granny’s Top Tips
♥ You can also melt your marshmallows in a pan on the hob, however I find it easier & less washing up to use the microwave.
- 300g Marshmallows
- 30g Butter (melted)
- 150g Rice Crispies
- 90g Mini Eggs/Smarties (optional)
- Generously grease a traybake cake tin with butter and set aside.
- Melt the marshmallows in 30 second bursts in the microwave.
- Add butter, rice crispies & mini eggs/smarties (optional) and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to your pre-greased tin and press into tin with the back of a spoon.
- Optional: Top with Mini Eggs/Smarties by pushing into the top of your Rice Crispy Squares before they set.
- Leave to set for a few hours and cut into individual squares.