As seen at Foodies Festival Christmas 2018!
When it comes to Christmas, who doesn’t love a wee home made gift? Especially one you can eat! If you’re looking for the perfect edible gift for friends and family, look no further than Granny’s Christmas Truffles.
As far as Christmas baking goes, it doesn’t get much easier than this. In fact, I feel like a bit of a fraud calling this baking as it’s nothing quite so complex; a few ingredients in a bowl, a bit of rolling and decorating…Before you know it you have a tray full of delicious, festive looking Christmas Truffles. So easy you can get the entire family involved!
Once you dress these truffles up with some petit-four cases and pop them into a nice little gift box, no one will quite believe you made these yourself and they didn’t in fact come from a high-end Cholocatier. Don’t worry, your secret is safe with us!
Granny’s Top Tips
♥ Holly leaf/berry sprinkles are usually easy enough to find during the festive period, however if you are struggling to get your hands on some, why not make your own with a small holly leaf cutter and some fondant icing.
♥ For truffles a little different than they normal chocolate flavour, why not mix things up by adding a little orange or mint extract to your truffle base.
♥ Although these truffles are decorated in a festive way, that’s not to say you can’t make them any time of year and simply skip the Christmas decals.
- 300 g Digestive Biscuits crushed
- 75 g Desiccated Coconut
- 75 g Drinking Chocolate
- 75 g Butter melted
- 1 tin 397g Condensed Milk
- Desiccated Coconut & Chocolate Sprinkles
- White Chocolate
- Edible Holly Leaf Decorations
- In a large bowl, mix the digestive biscuits, coconut and drinking chocolate. Add the butter and condensed milk and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Take a small amounts of the mixture and roll into balls, before rolling in some desiccated coconut or chocolate sprinkles. Place the coated truffles into petit-four cases if desired.
- Melt a small amount of white chocolate over a bain-marie or in short bursts in a microwave. Spoon a little onto the chocolate sprinkle covered truffles before topping with a holly leaf decoration. For the coconut covered truffle, use a spot of melted chocolate to stick the holly leaf decorations to the tops.