Our boys love to bake. J in particular loves nothing more than putting on his apron & chef hat to get his hands floury. And for someone who is as much as a perfectionist as me, I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t find baking with toddlers especially easy! So when it comes to recipes I’m always on he look out for something easy but fun and these Melted Snowman biscuits ticks both boxes.
If you are a user of Pinterest (in which case you should totally follow us!) then you’ll know I’m not the first person to make these biscuits but having struggled to find a recipe for Melted Snowman biscuits that comes in grams & not American cup measurements, I thought I’d share my own adaptation for he recipe for you to try with your very own wee festive baker!
- 200g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150g Icing Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- Mini Marshmallows
- Orange & Black Piping Icing
- Pre-heat your oven to 160°c and line you baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Sift the flour & baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter & sugar together. Once combined add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture until it forms a dough. Once your dough is formed, knead it with your hands until smooth. Roll into a ball, wrap in cling film & place in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Once your dough is cooled & stiffened, roll on a floured surface until around 1cm thickness & cut with a round cutter. Transfer your biscuits to your tray and once all biscuits are cut, place your tray in the fridge for another 10 minutes or so - this helps the biscuits hold their shape whilst baking.
- Bake for around 7 minutes until they are very lightly golden. Baking time will vary depending on the size of your biscuits. Transfer to a wire cooling wrack & ensure they are completely cool before decorating.
- Mix the icing sugar with the water, gradually adding the water until the desired consistency. Not too runny but thick enough that it holds the melted-snow look.
- Drizzle on your biscuits in a melted-snow fashion & pop a marshmallow on for your snowman's Decoration as simple of elaborately as you like!