What can I say about these Chocolate Fudge Brownies in a Jar other than they are a guaranteed crowd pleaser! And if you are looking for a last minute stocking filler or a fail-proof Secret Santa gift, then look no further. Best of all, the ingredients when combined make what Granny has called, “the best chocolate brownies she’s ever tasted.” Big praise indeed!
I think my favourite thing about Chocolate Fudge Brownies in a Jar is how easy they are to put together, with ingredients you likely already have in your cupboard – you may even have a jar ready to use too. I tend to get the jars you can easily pick up from Asda or Ikea (as pictured) for only a couple of pounds each. Alternatively if you have a 1 litre jar kicking about waiting to be recycled you could use that too. Wherever you get your jar, just be sure to give it a good clean before filling.
Does anyone else find these to be a bit nostalgic of the sand art bottles you used to make as a kid?
- 1 Litre Jar
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 95g Plain Flour
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- 75g Plain Flour
- 135g Soft Brown Sugar
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 100g Chocolate Chunks
- 100g Fudge Chunks
- Ensure your jar is very clean before starting and completely dry.
- Starting with the salt, baking powder & 95g of plain flour, layer the ingredients in order as listed, pushing each layer down before the next.
- Once you reach the top, add some scrunched up grease-proof paper to any remaining space between the ingredients & the lid to stop them being knocked out of place & ruining the layered affect.
- Finally, add a label with the instructions on how to prepare
- Label with : "Combine the contents of the jar with 150g of melted butter and 3 beaten eggs. Mix well and pour into a 9"x9" lined tin. Bake at Gas 4 / 180°c (160°c for fan oven) for 25-30 minutes."