For someone who is as much as a perfectionist as me, I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t find baking with toddlers especially easy! So when it comes to recipes, I’m always on the look out for something easy but fun and these Melted Snowman biscuits ticks both boxes.
If you are a user of Pinterest (in which case you should totally follow us!) then you’ll know I’m not the first person to make these biscuits but having struggled to find a recipe for Melted Snowman biscuits that comes in grams & not American cup measurements, I thought I’d share my own adaptation for he recipe for you to try with your very own wee festive baker!
They are a simple sweet biscuit, or as our American readers may call them, a “sugar cookie”. Topped with a splodge of white icing and a little white marshmallow. Finished off with a bit of flare, in the way of a orange “carrot” nose and some little black eyes, mouths and buttons. You can of course get extra creative with different facial expressions, however I like the simple one dot, open-mouthed look on our snowman faces. I think it adds to the shocked look, at the fact they appear to be melting!
For the Biscuits
- 150 g Icing Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Water
- Mini Marshmallows
- Orange & Black Piping Icing
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c (160°c for fan-assisted ovens or Gas Mark 3-4) and line a couple of baking sheets with grease-proof paper.
- Sift the flour & baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter & sugar together. Once combined add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture until it forms a dough. Once your dough is formed, knead it with your hands until smooth. Roll into a ball, wrap in cling film & place in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Once your dough is cooled & stiffened, roll on a floured surface until around 1cm thickness & cut with a round cutter. Transfer your biscuits to your pre-lined tray. Once all biscuits are cut, place your tray in the fridge for another 10 minutes or so – this helps the biscuits hold their shape whilst baking.
- Bake for around 7-10 minutes until they are very lightly golden. Baking time will vary depending on the size of your biscuits. Transfer to a wire cooling rack & ensure they are completely cool before decorating.
Decorating The Biscuits
- Mix the icing sugar with the water, gradually adding the water until the desired consistency. Not too runny and thick enough that it holds the melted-snow look.
- Drizzle on your biscuits in a melted-snow fashion & pop a marshmallow on for your snowman's head. Decorate the snowmen as simple or elaborately as you like!