If there’s one kind of recipe that no one can fail at, it’s a tray bake! Deceivingly named as the majority of them don’t require any baking, tray bakes are the perfect way to impress people with your baking skills, without actually having any. Fudge Slice is especially easy and as equally delicious.
This is another one of these recipes that Granny has perfected, so much so that when I make a tray of this Fudge Slice, it is lucky to last more than a day. Best of all, it’s ridiculously easy to make with a mere five ingredients, a bit of melting & chopping and that’s you done! And although you could mix it up with different kinds of chocolate, there’s something quite nostalgic about using the cheap little chocolate bar from everyone’s childhood.
And a top tip from myself…as this recipe only calls for 10 Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bars, if you buy a couple of the 6-Fudge Multi-packs, you get two left to eat to yourself! (Or of course you could up the Fudge count in the Fudge Slice but where’s the fun in that?).
- Crush the digestive biscuits, either in a blender or in a freezer bag with a rolling pin.
- Meanwhile, in a bain-marie, gently melt the butter, syrup and half the chocolate (150g).
- Once completely melted, add the digestive biscuits and 8 of the Fudges, roughly chopped.
- Press the digestive mixture into a lightly greased tray with the back of a spoon. Melt the remaining chocolate and pour/spread on top of the biscuit base. Top with the remaining two Fudges, chopped.
- Leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours or ideally overnight before cutting into individual portions.
What’s your favourite tray bake?