When it comes to festive flavours, there’s a few that will always be iconic in my books. Gingerbread, peppermint and mixed spice to name a few; any recipe involving them and I need a Michael Buble playlist to accompany it. Along with those is of course chocolate orange and this Chocolate Orange Fudge is the perfect sweet Christmas treat!
Although when I say it is a Christmas treat, don’t be mistaken, you can easily whip up a batch of Chocolate Orange Fudge anytime of year to enjoy. It’s super simple and super scrumptious, so why only keep it for December?
And when I say it’s simple, I’m not in any way exaggerating. Like our White Chocolate & Cranberry Fudge, these little bites of heaven are made with just a handful of ingredients in your slow cooker. Simply pop it all in, stir it at regular intervals, transfer to the fridge and boom, you have a wonderfully indulgent homemade gift, that will impress even the hardest to buy for.
Chocolate Orange Fudge
- 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
- 350 g Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1-2 tsp Orange Extract
- Orange Sprinkles or Orange Zest (optional)
- Break your chocolate into small pieces and place into your slow cooker with the condensed milk and butter. Warm the ingredients on high with the lid off for around 15 minutes until melted.
- Stir the mixture with a metal or plastic spoon to ensure thoroughly melted, add the orange extract and turn your slow cooker down to low.
- Stir the mixture with a metal or plastic spoon to ensure thoroughly melted and turn your slow cooker down to low.
- Leave the mixture to uncovered on low for about 1hr 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Meanwhile cover a baking tin (we use a 8") with greaseproof paper & set aside.
- Once your mixture has cooked for around 1hr 30 minutes, give it one last stir before transferring the mixture to your baking tray, spreading evenly and topping with your sprinkles/zest, if desired.
- Leave to cool before transferring to the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares to serve.