In the world of baking, there is always something on-trend. For years it was cupcakes, then there was cake-pops, followed by more creative bakes such as the cronut. More recently, it’s been biscuits! But not just any biscuits – iced biscuits that resemble works of art have been taking social media by storm, as we all watch those videos of these little masterpieces coming together. Seeing the final masterpieces could have you thinking they are hard to achieve but the amazing new book, The Biscuiteers Book of Iced Gifts takes you right from baking your biscuits, to turning them into your own little works of art.
We were kindly sent a copy of The Biscuiteers Book of Iced Gifts by the lovely people at The Book People who have a fantastic range of cake decorating books and of course I couldn’t wait to get stuck in and have a go at producing some for myself. The book starts with the recipes for biscuits (including vanilla, chocolate and spiced biscuits), cakes and the variations of icing that can be used for decorating. You’ve then got over 60 different biscuits and cakes to try your hands at, with seasonal and occasional themes, complete with full instructions for each. The book even goes a step further with ideas of how to wrap and present your iced gifts.
I decided to play it seasonal with the Spring Bouquet Collection, opting for a nice daisy and sunflower design. I went for the Vanilla Biscuit to start, which is a lovely tasting biscuit with a good bite to it – though the quantities are massive, so if you’re only looking to make a small batch of biscuits I’d definitely advise halving the recipe. When it came to decorating, I had expected to find it somewhat tricky but the instructions are very clear and keep you on the right track throughout. But take some time to read the instruction pages prior to starting – knowing the different between your flood and line icings will help avoid disasters!
I opted for the slightly easier designs but I wouldn’t hesitate trying something a bit more complex next time. In fact, I had such fun doing these flowers that I even tried my hand at my own biscuit design.
If you like the idea of giving some biscuit decorating a try, you’re in luck! I have a copy of The Biscuiteers Book of Iced Gifts to GIVEAWAY. Simply follow the instructions below to be in with a chance of winning.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions
1.The giveaway will run from 6ht May 2018 to the 22nd May 2018 The winner will be chosen at random shortly after this.
2. This giveaway is open to UK only. Entries outside the UK will not be included.
3. Entry is made by using one of the above options. Please note that only one method of entry is required but using multiple entry options are available.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from all legitimate entries.
5. The winner will be emailed upon announcement. Failure to respond to email within 5 days will result in an alternative winner being chosen.
6. All efforts for the prize to be delivered as soon as possible.
7. The copy of Biscuiteers: Book of Iced Gifts included in this giveaway was sent to Baking with Granny as a gift from The Book People.
8. Delivery will be covered by Baking with Granny.