They’re a literal obsession in our house. Requested every day after nursery as a ‘special treat’, the number one choice of Easter Egg this year and even the most-viewed videos on Youtube. I just can’t seem to escape Kinder Eggs! So instead of resenting the amount of money I spend on these little surprise eggs and cursing the number of toys I stand on over the course of a day, I decided to make the most of their alluring taste and turn them into Kinder Egg Brownies!
I wish I could say the kids were overjoyed with these brownies but honestly…? I think it’s the adults who enjoyed them the most! I can only assume it is because you get the delicious taste of Kinder Egg chocolate within a brownie (and who doesn’t love brownies?!), with more quantities of chocolate than that of a little hallow egg. These Kinder Egg Brownies do however lack the infamous little surprise toy within, which if we are being 100% truthful, is the real reason kids opt for them over any other sweetie.
Granny’s Top Tips
♥ We used chopped Kinder Chocolate within the brownie batter to give you more chocolate for your money. You could of course use broken Kinder Eggs but you will probably end up spending a fortune for a decent amount of chocolate, not to mention the number of little toys you will accumulate!
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c (or 160°c for a fan-assisted oven) and line a tray bake tin with grease proof paper. A 20cmx20cm tin (or equivalent) is ideal.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and sugar together.
- Add the butter and eggs to the dry ingredients and mix until combined to a batter.
- Roughly chop the Kinder Chocolate and add to the batter, stirring in until evenly distributed.
- Pour into your pre-lined baking tray, ensuring the batter is right to the edges. Bake at 180°c (160°c for fan assisted oven) for 25 minutes.
- Once baked and removed from the oven, allow to cool for 10 minutes before crumbling your Kinder Eggs over the top whilst still warm. Allow to cool completely before cutting into your desired sized brownies.
Do you have a wee one that loves Kinder Eggs?