For the past few years I’ve made up little hampers full of hand made foods for friends & family. From chutney & jam to biscuits & cakes, each year I’m always on the look out for tasty new ideas to add to our home made gifts. Alongside Great Granny Coconut Ice I wanted to add another form of sweetie this year and White Chocolate & Cranberry Fudge is just the thing I had in mind!
Fudge isn’t something I’ve really attempted in the past. One thing my kitchen is lacking (& that I should really add to my Christmas list!) is a thermometer, so recipes that involve boiling sugar to a certain temperature is not something I’ve been brave enough to try. That was until I caught wind of the fact you can actually make fudge in the slow cooker! I’m not sure it can strictly be called fudge as there’s the secondary cheating factor of using condensed milk as opposed to cream plus sugar but until it become a Protected Food Name, I’m passing this off as fudge!
As well as being extremely easy to make, this White Chocolate & Cranberry Fudge is in-keeping with the festive season whilst being versatile enough to be enjoyed all year round. And when Christmas does pass the cranberries can even be substituted with the likes of raisins, raspberries, strawberries or any other fruit that takes your fancy! I guarantee you’ll be very much loved by whoever you present this delicious little treat to.
Slow Cooker White Chocolate & Cranberry Fudge
- 350 g White Chocolate
- 1 tin 397g Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 100 g Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- Break your chocolate into small pieces and place into your slow cooker with the condensed milk and butter. Warm the ingredients on high with the lid off for around 15 minutes until melted.
- Stir the mixture with a metal or plastic spoon to ensure thoroughly melted and turn your slow cooker down to low.
- Leave the mixture to uncovered on low for about 1hr 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Meanwhile cover a baking tray (we use a 10" by 8") with greaseproof paper & roughly chop the cranberries.
- Once your mixture has cooked for around 1hr 30 minutes add the cranberries and give it all one last stir.
- Transfer the mixture to your baking tray and leave to cool before transferring to the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!