When I first asked Granny to share her Maltesers Slice recipe with me, she rattled it off the top of her head without a second thought. This is another one of her recipes that has been well and truly perfected, to the point she knows it straight from memory. Just like Granny’s Fudge Slice recipe, this Maltesers Slice is super easy and super tasty.
I had been thinking of making a batch of Maltesers Slice for quite a while now but when I seen the mini version of Maltesers infamous little bunnies, I thought it’d be the perfect opportunity to give one of Granny’s best recipes an Easter twist.
Of course this recipe can be used all year round by simply topping with additional Maltesers but mini Maltesers bunnies gives this Maltesers Slice a somewhat adorable finish. And I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t planning on repeating the idea come Christmas with mini Maltesers reindeers!
- 230g Digestive Biscuits
- 55g Butter
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 140g Milk Chocolate
- 150g Maltesers
- 300g White Chocolate
- 8 Mini Maltesers Bunnies/Reindeers or extra Maltesers
- Crush the digestive biscuits, either in a blender or in a freezer bag with a rolling pin.
- Meanwhile, in a bain-marie, gently melt the butter, syrup and milk chocolate.
- Once completely melted, add the digestive biscuits and the Maltesers and mix well.
- Press the digestive mixture into a lightly greased tray with the back of a spoon. Melt the white chocolate and pour/spread on top of the biscuit base. Top with your Maltesers bunnies/reindeers or with additional Malstesers.
- Leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours or ideally overnight before cutting into individual portions.
How would you top your Maltesers Slice?